As the Sun Times reports, another weekend of violence in Chicago has begun. On Friday night alone, 10 people were shot with by criminals with handguns, despite Chicago’s longstanding handgun ban. These criminals ignored Chicago’s handgun ban, just as the criminals in Oak Park ignored Oak Park’s handgun ban. Perhaps if law abiding citizens were allowed to have handguns for self defense, the criminals would think twice before robbing, shooting, or killing the people of Chicago?
- A 17-year-old man was in the 400 block of North Laramie Avenue was shot when two men approached him and opened fire, police said.
- Two people were shot in the 8100 block of South Racine Avenue, police said.
- An 18-year-old man and a 24-year-old man heard gunfire before discovering they had been shot, according to police.
- A teen was shot in the 8300 block of South Whipple Street, by an unknown person who began firing shots and struck him in the groin, police said.
- A person was shot in the foot in the 1200 block of South Avers Avenue, police said.
- A 25-year-old man was leaving a store when he was approached by multiple criminals, and then shot in the left foot, the Chicago police stated.
- A male whose age was unknown was shot in the buttocks in the 1900 block of South Troy Street.
- A 19-year-old man was crossing the street near his home in the 7000 block of South Damen Avenue when he saw people running and heard gunfire, police said. The man ran to his home, where he realized he had been shot in the right leg.
- A 31-year-old man was shot in the left leg on the 7700 block of South Stewart Avenue, police said.
- a 32-year-old man on the 3700 block of West 18th Street suffered a gunshot wound to his left elbow, according to police News Affairs.
Unlike the 10 unarmed citizens who were shot on Friday night, Chicago’s Mayor Daley remains safely protected by his gun toting, tax-payer-sponsored body guards.