Roland Burris was appointed to fill Barack Obama‘s Senate seat, which Obama will vacate in order to serve as president. Although Obama will be gone from the senate, Burris will continue Obama’s anti gun rights tradition:
- Burris has campaigned for a national handgun ban for years.
- Burris organized Chicago’s first gun turn in program.
Roland Burris also seems to be lacking any semblance of humility, which is not something that I like in an elected official:
- After trying for years to disarm the citizens of Chicago, Illinois, and the United States as a whole, Burris admitted that he owned a gun “for protection.”
- Burris built a monument to himself in Oak Woods Cemetery on Chicago’s South Side. His tombstone proclaims him to be a, “Trail Blazer” and includes a list of his accomplishments (with space for future accomplishments.)
- Burris named both of his children after himself, naming his son “Roland” and his daughter “Rolanda.”
- Burris proclaimed that he is the “most qualified person in the state of Illinois” to fill Obama’s Senate seat.
Sources and more information:
Join the NRA today and do your part to help preserve our gun rights (and save $10).