Although I just posted an ISRA action alert yesterday, I have another one today, because this is just too important to wait:
URGENT ALERT – YOUR IMMEDIATE ACTION NEEDED
GUN CONTROL GROUPS WANT YOU ARRESTED, TRIED, AND JAILED FOR TOUCHING GUNS
In a strong show of bipartisan support earlier this spring, the Illinois General Assembly overwhelmingly passed HB182. This important piece of legislation clarified ambiguities in the unlawful weapons use statutes. These clarifications ensured that law-abiding citizens would not accidentally violate the law while preserving the justice system’s ability to arrest and try violent criminals.
As you might expect, the gun-control extremists are blasting the General Assembly for making these reforms. The gun grabbers are mounting a campaign to have Governor Quinn veto HB182.
WHAT IT WOULD MEAN TO YOU IF GOVERNOR QUINN VETOES HB182
1. You would not be able to handle a firearm in any manner outside your own home, a gun shop, or gun range.
2. Let’s say you were invited to a birthday party for your friend Hank. Let’s say that one of Hank’s gifts was a new shotgun. Hank notices you admiring the shotgun and hands it to you so that you could examine it. If Gov. Quinn vetoes HB182, then you could be subject to arrest and felony prosecution for handling Hank’s new shotgun – even if you possess a valid FOID.
3. Let’s say your buddy Bill asks you and Hank to come down to his farm for a day and for you to bring a couple of rifles with you for some good old fashioned plinking. If Gov. Quinn vetoes HB182, then you and Hank could be subject to arrest and felony prosecution for plinking on Bill’s farm, despite the fact that Bill gave you permission and despite the fact that you possess a valid FOID.
4. Let’s say you’re on the road and stop off at a hotel in a seedy part of town. Once inside your room, you unpack and load a pistol and place it on the hotel room nightstand. If Gov. Quinn vetoes HB182, then you could be subject to arrest and felony prosecution for preparing to protect yourself within your hotel room.
Once again, we see that the primary interest of the gun control movement is to harass law abiding gun owners.
WHAT YOU MUST DO TO PROTECT YOUR GUN RIGHTS:
1. Call Governor Quinn’s Office as soon as possible at (312) 814-2121 and POLITELY tell the person who answers the phone that you are a law-abiding firearm owner and that you are tired of being treated like a criminal. Politely tell the person that you would like Governor Quinn to sign HB182 into law at his nearest convenience.
2. Pass this alert along to all your gun owning friends and neighbors.
3. Post this alert to any and all Internet blogs or bulletin boards to which you may belong.
REMEMBER – GUN CONTROL IS A DISEASE – YOU ARE THE CURE!
What is it going to take to wake up the Illinois legislature to permit law abiding citizens their God given right to defend themselves, and institute a permit concealed carry law for Illinois citizens, this is really getting out of hand, 48 states say it's okay, and 2 states say no, well i say the US Government must get involved to clean up the political crap in the state of Illinois, and get the concealed carry law in affect in Illinois now. Something is going on in Illinois that they would deny our constitutional rights, have they forgotten we the people say what we need, and not them ,somewhere down the line it got ass backwards, like everything else that's going on in this state, I ask you all to vote out all these politicians that deny our rights to defend ourselves against the criminal element. I'm beginning to think Illinois is on the side of the criminals, from what the news has shown me, they are the real bad guys, isn't it the criminal code to protect their own.
Comments are closed.